New Jackson- Need Advice On Neck!!!

metalmania13

• Members

Aight guys, just got the new guitar, I'm gonna try to post pics soon cause I know the thread is useless without it. I lowered the action a touch and It plays pretty good, I love the looks and while the pickups could use a change, or perhaps and adjustment, Im happy.

Here is the prob, i have never owned a 24 fret guitar so I dont know if this is common. At the point where the neck meets the body, should the excess of the fretboard be resting high above the bhody leaving a gap. This might not be clear but Im gonna try explaining before i post pics...

At the end of the fretboard, there is a little extra fretboard after the 24th fret. This "extra fret" (but not really) is hanging above the body, not touching. I dont know if this is OK, or if this is an indication of a neck put on poorly.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DXMG-Satin-Black-Sharkfin-EMG-HZ-W-Case_W0QQitemZ150002952418QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33044QQcmdZViewItem

In this auction, if you look at the picture 2nd down, 2nd over, you can kind of see that the last little bit of the fretboard is raised against the body, so I guess this is a normal occurence then...

Archived