Truss Rod tweak question

Beergoblin

• Members

Well, just got my Monaco delivered and everything seems great except I think the neck has shifted a pinch during the delivery.

The action seems a nice medium/low and theres no buzzing anywhere on the low portion of the guitar. But from around the 12th fret up on the high E string, and especially on the highest frets I'm getting some major buzz to the point its fretting out.

I'm no tech but I've done minor neck tweaks on my other guitars before. Judging from what I've described which way should I turn the rod a little to see if I can remedy the situation? Its only on the high E and only from the 12th on up, again its worst on the highest frets.

Any help is appreciated :thu::wave:

• Members

Truss rod ajustment only affect the neck in the lower position to up to 12-15 frets depending of the neck.

If it only buzz on the high E and at the 12 fret and up, I would raise the saddle a little bit on that string. I would not raise all the bridge because you tell us that the other strings are fine.

Be carefull not to raise it too far because you will change the radius of the strings compared to the fretboard..

Mush

• Members

Actually, it may be that you have too much relief. When there is a lot of relief in the middle of the neck, it creates a steep upslope in the higher frets.

It could also be that you have a high fret up there.

Have you checked the relief? If you don't know how to do so, it's time to learn.

Archived