GraphTech String Savers

Eye_Of_The_Liger

• Members

I had a set of GraphTech string saver saddles for a Wilkinson Trem installed on my guitar. This was back in March.

It is now late July, and I still haven't broken a string, even after digging into 'em hard.

I also noticed that it did brighten the tone a little bit, but that may also be due to the fact that I had a new set of higher gauge strings put on when I had the saddles installed. In either case, my guitar sounds better.

So yeah, they work as advertised. :thu:

I also had the GraphTech nut and string tree installed. My guitar stays in tune a lot better now. Not perfect, but a lot better, especially considering how much and how heavily I use the trem (rockabilly and surf).

• Members

IMO GraphTech has the worst customer support I've ever run across. I got a set for my Strat and the allen wrench they provide just spins inside most of the height adjustment set screws. I tried my own set of allen wrenches and it was the same story. I e-mailed everyone on their contact list and even tried calling and never got any replies.

• Members

Hm.. that really sucks. I didn't have any customer service related problems with GraphTech, but the only time I ever contacted them was when I asked questions about their products and when I ordered the string trees from them (I had the nut and the saddles installed at a shop, and they ordered the parts). The girl who responded to my e-mails was prompt and friendly....

.... and hot. :love::D

• Members
Originally posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

Hm.. that really sucks. I didn't have any customer service related problems with GraphTech, but the only time I ever contacted them was when I asked questions about their products and when I ordered the string trees from them (I had the nut and the saddles installed at a shop, and they ordered the parts). The girl who responded to my e-mails was prompt and friendly....

.... and hot.
:love::D

What? She sent a picture of herself? ;)

Anyway, Graphtech technical support was more than helpful when I was installing a set of TOM Ghost pickups. They sent pictures of other installed guitars that they had done in-house and answered all of my questions, even providing extra helpful information.

Archived