2 cents

aloha

• Members

I know your reputation as a flamer, so I don't know if this is a serious question or not...

I grew up at a time when everyone around me used tabs from magazines...pre-internet...except me.

I never really got into it. I bought a few books and half assed my way through a few songs. Mostly, I learned by ear. I had Suzuki training on piano as a young child so this was very natural to me.

So, as to your question...

I like free access to information. I hate being asked to pay for {censored} that won't really be that accurate anyway. Even using official tabs, I always see changed voicings and modified harmonies...

So, I'm against having to pay for tabs when I'm interested in them...but not because I love tabs...

And for my sweeping generalization (this site is full of them), those of us who really love the guitar probably don't mind listening through a piece and finding our version of it.

Then again, I come from the school of thought that a cover tune shouldn't sound note for note; I know some of you disagree...

So I hope this puts a little fuel in the fire of your topic, Archdemon. I took you seriously this time...Aloha

Archived