Peavey Omniac JD USA

Utero

• Members

00581620.jpg

I decided to go to a guitar store today, mainly to check out some cheaper guitars. I went into the main room, the owners son is in there, once he saw me he pointed at an american made tele and says, "That is what you need, once you buy it you will never need another guitar." I replied saying I am trying to get rid of my mexican made one. I went to grab another guitar before he handed it to me, so I picked up the Omniac. Man this thing HAS to weigh 4-5 more pounds than my LP. It felt very nice, the birdseye maple neck looks cool, but I don't like unfinished necks. I plugged it up and was AMAZED, the stock pups are very nice (real duncans) this thing blew away any tele I have ever played. The rythem pickup is very fat and smooth, not hot at all and the bridge pup was a nice mix between your typical bridge and rythem pup still delivering a nice twang. It had nice low action, no fret buzz it was setup perfectly new. It's overall a very versitile guitar, can go from blues to metal in a second without any trouble. I really am thinking about putting a payment on it. If you see one, play it.

Archived