Guitarists who play unsual guitars.

KATMAN

• Members

Originally posted by input jack

what guitar did jerry play?

Garcia started playing guitars built by Doug Irwin in the mid '70s. The most famous of them is Tiger. Irwin finished the similar Rosebud, with built in Roland GK synth pickup, in 1990. A fan, Stephen Cripes, made a copy of Tiger that Garcia started to use in 1993.

• Members

Rick Holmstrom plays an old Stratotone and Harmony Rocket. Johnny "Yarddog" Jones has toured and recorded with nothing but a Telestar Lisa. And my favorite is Brian Henneman of the Bottle Rockets who now tours with nothing but Peavey T-15s (easily found for less than two bills, sometimes far less).:cool:

http://www.peaveyt60.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1682&KW=Bottle+Rockets&TPN=1

(scroll down in link for pics)

• Members
Originally posted by KATMAN

I guess Brian May would be one of them. In the days when most guitar legends played either a Strat or a Les Paul,Brian May chose to play his homemade "Red Special".I don't believe anyone else plays homade guitars,not like that one anyway. I guess now he plays the USA Burns Red Special or a Guild that they made for him. Bo Diddley played his rectangle shape guitar. I also seen Tom Fogerty play that baseball bat guitar,that one was pretty cool. Anybody ever play or made a unsual guitar?

He's still playing his old fireplace, it's his main guitar! It got refinished a couple of years ago. The clones are being used for backup when on tour :)

Archived