Is the American Deluxe strat worth the extra $ ?

mckinley

• Members

As a 'working guitar' I prefer the American Standards and American Series Stratocasters with the regular delta tone setup.

But then again, I also prefer to wear an old pair of Levi jeans and a sleeveless t-shirt instead of 'more modern' designer clothes.

Like everything else, it's all a matter of personal preference.

:cool:

• Moderators

The Am Deluxe is a very superb guitar. SCN pups, S1 switching, aged knobs pups covers, locking tuners, but most of all the contoured heel which while not quite an Ibanez AANJ does make playing high on the board quite nice. I just sold one......but only cause I have to have cream face dots, but I'm building a guitar, and the body maker is gonna copy the Deluxe heel contour.
Overall its a tad classier and upgraded over the Am. Stds.......but you cant really go wrong with either:cool:

If teh Deluxe came with cream face dots then I'd take it every time....especially considering that the 3 or 4 people I've spoke to that owned them said that they all considered junkinng either the S1 or the SCNs and now say they wouldnt like to be without either.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by RothnRoll

I think it's a vast improvement over American Standard...

BLASPHEMY! Only kidding. But the only way to get the Standard sound is a standard, isn't it? Otherwise, just buy a use Ibanez cheaply and trick it out.

If you're not getting the sound out of a Standard you'd like, try a different amp, like one of the old tube amps.:idea:

Archived