Fake Korean Fender

GorgeBarri

• Members

Fellows:

Taking into consideration the unbeliable number of fakes guitars I am triying to gather some information in relation with Korean Fenders, squiers aside.

I do know that nowadays there are several Fender models with are manufacturated in Korea, but since when did Fender manufacture guitars on Korea? And could you give me a short list of Korean Fender models?

A guy here in Chile is trying to sell a fake Korean Fender (who tought we would see someone triying to fake a Korean guitar), but he has since dropped the pics from the net, but I know somethings about Fenders and it was not anything more than a generic asian Strat with a Fender logo, not even a decal but a drawing.

Just look at this:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-5020014-gibson-lespaul-1977-_JM

he was triying to sell it as a vintage 70's Gibson Custom... things are getting out of control and the big manufacturers are not taking appropiate measures.

Imagine if someone without a guitar background bids on something like this.

Your faithfully,

Barri

• Members

I don't know the history of the Made in Korea Fenders, but right now they are manufacturing the Light Ash Telecaster and Stratocaster in Korea as well as the TC90 Semi-Hollow. I'm not sure what else from the Fender line is MIK, but they tend to be sold at price points similar to the higher end Made in Mexico models and they usually have Seymour Duncan (not Duncan Designed) pickups. The quality tends to be quite high.

A lot of the higher-end Squiers are made in Korea as well.

• Members

Sorry to keep posting about my new strat, BUT, it happens to be a Korean made light ash Strat, so here is my take. It rocks! Great quality, nice bridge, similar to or the same as the MIA's, the pick ups SD's have some power, the neck is birds eye maple, with abalone dots-very, very nice looking.

I love mine. I liked it better than the HW1's I played.

Archived