Bigsby question

Adrian Crow

• Members

actually, its the b-5, not the b-3

well the B-5 is a horshoe style (i.e. it looks like a horseshoe)

it is mounted on the top with 2 or 3 screws

you can screw it in as far or as close to the bridge as you want, but I'd still suggest a tech do it for you, because if it isnt lined up perfectly, you will need to redrill the holes

the B-7 is a long style

it is attached with 4 screws on the side by the strap button and then 2 screws on the face of the guitar

you can really only put it on one way (unlike the b-5) but it looks much cooler imo

the problem with the b-7 is it JUST BARELY fits, the angle from the tailpiece to the bridge is quite extreme and not really ideal

the b-5 is really the better vibrato for lp's, you can put it in the perfect spot for the perfect break angle

but that didnt stop Neil Young, or Gibson, who in the late 50's had Bigsby B-7s as an option on their Les Paul line

as for the corresponding numbers, the only important ones are the B-5, B-6 (same as B-7 only without the bar), and the B-7

the others are cheap imports (B-500, B-600 etc.) :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Adrian Crow

how do i find an epi tech near me so that i dont screw up the warenty and how much would it caust to get one put on?

any tech can do it

{censored} waranties, they never work out anyway :mad:

lessee, the Bigsby will prolly run you $100-$130 on ebay, and then a $30-50 install + a setup (you'll want a setup after this)

so yeah

Archived