Where can I get a custom made pickguard?

KillingAllJoy

• Members

Originally posted by KillingAllJoy

Nice! How much did they charge?

I think it was like 40 bucks or something. I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else so it was a deal for me. it all depends on what you want, size, shape, material, ect. email him, and he will give you a quote pretty quick. turn around time was really fast, bu then again, he is based in columbus and I am pretty close here in cincy.

• Members

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to the Boston Guitar Center and ask their repairman to do it for you. A few years ago I brought my Ibanez Roadstar in to have a custom pickguard cut for it. I had some red tortoise shell pickguard material that I wanted to use in place of the stock black one and I wanted to straighten the single coil pickups (at an angle they look retarded IMO). I had called in advance to make sure the guy could do it and came in prepared with a careful tracing of the original pickguard, complete with rotation of the single coil pickups to the position I wanted them.

• Members
Originally posted by Funderbunk

I've used Terrapin Guitars with good success, too. If he already has the template for the stock pickguard, then pickup layout changes are no additional cost.

I think my total was around $45 for a completely custom cut guard in bakelite.

www.terrapinguitars.com

+1

i sent in the original of the pickguard i wanted a new one made from, cost me about the same as yours.

Archived