Custom Guitar on the way!

VanLaing5150

• Members

Hey Guys,

I finally today finalized the specs and price of my custom made guitar. The guys who are making it are CB Perkins(cbperkins.com), a small guitar luthier company in San Jose CA. The specs are Alder Strat body(w/out ribcage contour), transparent honeyburst finish, unfinished maple neck with 70's oversized strat headstock, Floyd Rose mounted flush to the body w/ evh d-tuna, BareKnuckle VHII zebra in the bridge mounted to the body, Sustainiac single coil sized pickup in the neck, "tone" knob, 500k pot, mini toggle for pickup switching in traditional strat tone spot, Neck profile is copied right off my first year Wolfgang. It's going to end up around 1700-1800. I posted the custom guitar thing a few weeks ago, but forgot to add in labor and since then the sustainer pickup as well as the Bareknuckle pickup were added. Should be ready by the middle/end of October...way better than if I had to go through Charvel or Jackson and there would be no way I could something this customized. Just thought I would share

• Members

Is the neck really going to be completely unfinished? A neck with no finish will absorb moisture very easily and moisture can cause warping and twisting of the neck.

If you decide to have no finish at all on the neck take care to keep it away from humid environments and if you sweat be sure to wipe off any sweat after playing it.

Max

Archived