broken dod fx90

allmonochrome

• Members

so my dod fx90 analog delay broke today during band practice. when i turned it on, no signal came through, and then when i turned it back off, no signal was going through either. first off, i was wondering if anybody knows what the problem might be? it's been working perfectly fine for the past 2 or so years that i have been using it, then it decided to die after i had been using it off and on for about an hour or so at practice. second, if it is truly broken, i need a replacement. how does the ibanez ad-9 compare to it? i would imagine that it's not as dark as the dod, but i just want some opinions on whether the ibanez would be a good idea or not. thanks :)

• Members

Originally posted by KirkHammett1

I use an FX90, great analog delay. I had the same problem once, somehow a wire came loose. The AD-9 is clearer, not as much grit as the FX90. The price difference isnt worth it IMO. And I prefer the FX90 dirty repeats anyway

yeah i figured out that two wires actually came loose. the problem is, i dont have a soldering iron so i can't fix it :(. i'm not sure if it's worth buying a soldering iron for it, or if it's even worth buying another fx90 because honestly, that one will break sometime soon, and problem sometime in the next year or two. :cry:

• Members

Funny thing. I have one of those. Bought it at Guitar Center in Covina in '85 or '86 when I was living in San Bernardino. I LOVED that pedal, but when I tried to get it going the other night, I couldn't get the effect to work. The signal passed thru the pedal, but no wetness.

I'm kind of sad:confused: I don't have an AC adapter (it takes one of those funny 1/8" jacks). I'll have to mess with it a bit more.

Archived