Well, I picked up My newly modded Jagmaster from the shop and it has to go back.

Lloyd Rummell

• Members

I just had My Squier Jagmaster to the shop to have a Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF pro installed, I brought it home yesterday and didn't get to try it out until this morning.

I'd have tried it out at the shop but I was working and was picking it up on My lunch break and didn't have the time.

When the 3 way pick up selector is in the middle position the guitar will play a little and then cut out, it sounds fine in the other two positions but when it's inthe middle there's alot of cracking and popping and then it cuts out and leaves Me with no sound.

The switch never made any noise before but now when I switch pick ups it's just aweful.

The pick ups sound great though, I wasn't really expecting them to sound this much better than the stock pick ups.

Anyone have an idea what could be the problem with My guitar?

• Members

Likely just some funk from unsoldering and soldering in the new on the slector tip or one of the wings of the switch causing your problem. Should take longer to remove that monsterous scratchplate than to fix the problem if that is the case.

Glad to hear it sounds better, I've been tryin to find the right set of pups for mine for over a year now. Love the feel and vibe from the 24" scale, but the sound leaves much to be desired.

Archived