Korg micro X interface Tascam

• Members

okay today i bought a korg micro x synthesizer/controller... the guy at the store told me i needed an interface to hook it up to my logic pro studio(to use the micro x sounds). i installed the micro x software and also the interface software (Tascam US-144MkII)

now i connected my korg micro x to my tascam interface using two 1/4" jacks from the micro x main outputs to the tascams interface line in Left and Right... its receiving a signal cause the light turns green when i hit any key on the micro x... now i got the tascam interface hooked up to my macbook using USB (the USB light is green)... and i am using headphones

i start logic pro studios and create an external midi... i find the US-144MKII and now its on my arrange window just like anything else would be... and i hit keys to hear the soundbank from my micro x synthesizer... i hear nothing... im not sure how to fix this.. can any one help?

the keyboard works as midi when i click on other sounds on my computer... but i wanna hear the synthersizer that i bought today... it works when i plug my headphones directly into the synthesizer itself... but i wanna record on logic pro and mix sounds around... can anyone help?

• Members

If you want to hear/use the sounds and synths from your Korg micro X, then you must use a NON midi track in your DAW. It would be no different than recording a guitar DI or Microphone.

Your Korg micro X can function as 2 different roles:

1: As a midi controller - in this instance you would use a midi track in the DAW. This would control any internal soft synths or samplers. You would use the midi I/O from both the Korg micro X to the Tascam US-144MkII

2: As an external synth - in this instance you would use a standard audio track in the DAW. You would use the 1/4" Line Out of the Korg micro X to the 1/4" Line In of the Tascam US-144MkII.

So in logic, create an audio track, select the Input on the Tascam US-144MkII in which the Korg micro X is connected.

Archived