One more Recto clip and I will leave you alone!

riffy

• Members

Ever have one of those days when it seems no matter what you do you can't stop recording stuff even when you can't play worth a crap? Well this is one for me... So I am trying to work on my recorded sounds and mixing.

Part of the lead problem is I am tuned to around dropped C using .009 strings and a Floyd!

Love once again to see what you all think if you don't mind taking the time?

Gary

Rolling Recto

I used the 80s Kramer with the JB in the bridge again. I swear I am going to have to buy another guitar as this is the only one I own now!

• Members

Originally posted by Keithrt99

nice lead tone, overall too quiet though. The Rhythm guits are eh.

Thanks man. I didn't have time to normalize the track. Not a fan of Recto rhythms I see;) Thats ok! Not everyone is by a long shot. It is either love it or hate it with them it seems!

Gary

• Members

I thought the lead guitar tone was pretty good as well. You sure got some speed goin' there. I think if you turned up the midrange all way and the bass up to two oclock on the rhythm guitar you'd be sounding reeeeaaaal good....

A little Lynch-ish...

• Members

That lead tone is great! That is just the JB bridge?

Which recto do you have? I have a tremoverb head and love it. Do you mind sharing how you eq'ed for the lead and rhythm? I'm going to guess the rhythm tone sounds better in person

My gain tone for now is:

Modern High Gain

bold with tube rects

bass is a little above 9 o'clock

mid is 11:00

treble is 10:00

gain is 2:00-3:00 :eek:

Presence is up pretty high but it can be where you like it

I have the Mesa 212, big low end, little sag, good mids/definition. Gotta turn it up a little bit past where the volume jumps for it sound right

Archived