Schecter 7-String Guitars (Post Your Opinions)

PRSnotPOS

• Members

I've been looking at these guitars lately. I really like the 007 Elite but I'm not sure how a single coil pickup would sound for a 7-string guitar. I'm also looking at the C-7 Hellraiser. Please post your experiences with these guitars and give me recommendations for other 7-string guitars if you have any in mind.

• Members

Nice guitars. I've owned bunches of them. Expect to replace the pickups in the models with the "Duncan Designed" PUPS. The Blackjack with real DiMarzios and a 26.5 inch scale length may be the best 7-string value I know of.

BTW, there was a later version of the 007 Elite that had two humbuckers.

• Members
Originally posted by Jim_Soloway

The Blackjack with real DiMarzios and a 26.5 inch scale length may be the best 7-string value I know of.

I agree totally with you Mr. Soloway, except the Blackjack series of guitars come with Duncans, not Dimarzios. They come with a JB/'59 set stock. :thu:

I've had my 007 Blackjack for almost two years now. Great guitar, the JB/'59 combo covers a lot of ground soundwise and she plays and looks great, stays in tune, never lets me down. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Mind Riot

I agree totally with you Mr. Soloway, except the Blackjack series of guitars come with Duncans, not Dimarzios. They come with a JB/'59 set stock.
:thu:

I've had my 007 Blackjack for almost two years now. Great guitar, the JB/'59 combo covers a lot of ground soundwise and she plays and looks great, stays in tune, never lets me down.
:)

Thanks for setting the correction. I knew it was a set of quality US pickups but I guess I'm getting to that age where there's as much info going out as there is coming in. :)

Archived