Stupid question about the SX Tele Necks. Don't shoot me please!

riffy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

Ha. Well, young man, I hope you're satisfied!!

(just kiddy)

Heh... yeah.

I guess bottom line my opinion is that as a stopgap on the cheap, the SX will probably treat you better than the price tag suggests; but as far as maxing it out on upgrades goes you could probably do better with the same money.

• Members

just buy a squier tele mines great right off the self even the neck pup (which people are always calling weak) is great you can probly get one at gc for about $150 for the standard if you haggle worth a {censored}, thier about $199 if you can't, but still worth it:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

I NEED a Tele badly. Can't pony up for the Fender offerings now.

If I get one of the SX Tele copies, later on should I choose to stick a Warmoth compound radius neck on it will it fit without modification? Or a Fender Tele neck for that matter?

Thanks for the help here guys!

Gary

AHM,

Please, read this, my original post once again. I mentioned a Warmoth neck and a Fender Tele neck. Warmoth necks can be had for a $125 a lot of the time on Ebay or less. So can a Warmoth.

You and I have spoken before in one of the threads of this type. You know that I do my own fretting and fretwork and have the fretwork tools to do it with. You know I do all my own guitar work such as pickups and hardware. I don't have to take it to a shop as you seem to do.

My finances were explained only to satisfy your curiosity. Only to try and let you know where I was coming from. Not so you could give me financial advice. Getting a Tele will help me MAKE money.

Is that hard to understand?

No hard feelings but I would prefer to not have your advice in the future. It seems that every time you get into a thread bad feelings result. In my case this time though something wonderful has resulted. I will elaborate further later. I have to go to work now.

It will be after 9:30pm before I get off though so don't expect to get an answer if you happen to see this.

Gary

Archived