Thinline Tele's, how much lighter?

voneville

• Members

So I've been contemplating building a guitar for a while, well the body atleast. Possibly a neck too.

I like the sound clips I've heard of Thinlines, and logic says they must be lighter then standard tele's. Anyone know the weight difference?

I figure if I had a finished body that weighed under 5 lbs, then the same guitar body with chambered the wings, would remove at least .25% of the weight. Is my logic flawed?

There are some other options I'm considering, but I always seem to find my way back to the Tele, so I figured it's a good place to start ;)

• Members

You could always try out the Mexi Thinline at GC or another big store if they have one. Mine has a Warmoth body-super nice looking ash and it is light. It's probably lighter than the lightest regular tele you've ever felt-the regular ones vary a lot-some are fairly light, some weigh like LP's.

• Members

Originally posted by JustinThyme

I've made two Tele's with Warmoth Thinline bodies, without f-hole. One ash, the other mahogany w/maple top.

I'd say they are both around a pound lighter than a non-hollowed Tele, although that can vary between individual guitars.

Prolly close. :wave:

Archived