220,000 Reasons not to look at Ikebes website

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

Originally posted by larryguitar

You know, nitro on the body and poly on the neck is a very logical arrangement. Avoids that sticky neck whilst keeping any (real or imagined!) benefit of a thin finish on the body...

Big $$, though.

Larry

Yes the nitro body and satin poly neck seal makes a lot of sense....and big bucks? $2k for a Custom Shop? I'd be reluctant to get it via shipping, but I have a cousin in Hong Kong who is in shipping and visits Japan pretty regular.....I'll give it some serious consideration.

Basically I'm just a sucker for white Strats:love: :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Ratae Coritanorum

Yes the nitro body and satin poly neck seal makes a lot of sense....and big bucks? $2k for a Custom Shop? I'd be reluctant to get it via shipping, but I have a cousin in Hong Kong who is in shipping and visits Japan pretty regular.....I'll give it some serious consideration.

Basically I'm just a sucker for white Strats:love:
:cry:

Oh, not saying it's not WORTH big bucks-just that it IS big bucks. It is a looker....

Larry

• Moderators

Originally posted by larryguitar

Oh, not saying it's not WORTH big bucks-just that it IS big bucks. It is a looker....

Larry

Hmmm, scored this tho.....and I have a few nice things that were gonna go on the Guitar Mill swamp ash build, so I'll probably end up with summat just as good. Larry, was it you whose used a few of those paddle head necks from Stewmac?

83_3.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by Ratae Coritanorum

Hmmm, scored this tho.....and I have a few nice things that were gonna go on the Guitar Mill swamp ash build, so I'll probably end up with summat just as good. Larry, was it you whose used a few of those paddle head necks from Stewmac?

83_3.JPG

Yessir, it was. Mind you, NOT the Fender shaped and licensed stuff-that's made by Mighty Mite, and I have no experience with it.

The paddleheads (I've used rosewood, ebony, maple and, when they used to offer it, flamed maple) have been quite good. Nitro finished and perfectly dry, very nice fretwork (didn't need more than a polish on any of them) and a double-acting truss rod. Although they don't offer a lot of options, I think they stack up quality-wise to Warmoths and Carvins I've used.

HTH,

Larry

Archived