Help, anybody has a Fender Roland Synth Ready Strat?

expertune

• Members

I have a MIM one. The problem I found is for some of the strings I have to set the sensitivities to max 100%.

I tried to raise the pickup, but it had already reached the highest it could go (otherwise it might contact strings when I play at 20th fret). I guess the distance between the strings and the actual pickup underneath the white plastic cover is kinda too far. What can I do?

• Members

You didn't say what the exact problem was...mis-triggering, missing notes etc etc.

My experiences with GK pickups are:

Strings matter...alot. Try Elixir Polys...they quiet down string noise.

Always eye the 13 pin cable with suspicion. It WANTS to let you down, maybe even steal your girl. Some night you will find it starting to wrap around your neck. It is also secretly trying to get the ID and pin to your investment accounts.

Seriously, resistance in the cable, usually at the connector, leads to mis-triggered notes or drop out. The 13 pin cable is fragile by guitar standards.

• Members

Thanks guys.

Yes, I am using a VG-88. I have a GI-10 for MIDI as well.

I tried both cables, same result.

I can bring down other strings sensitivity, but I do not think it's normal. I guess if I could make the sensitivity settings right I get more dynamics, right?

• Members

Is this a new problem? Did it just happen? Were you able to set the string sensitivity correctly before? There is a radius adjustment on the Roland pickup that you can use to match the pickup up to different necks. Have you adjusted it?

• Members

Originally posted by GTM

Is this a new problem? Did it just happen? Were you able to set the string sensitivity correctly before? There is a radius adjustment on the Roland pickup that you can use to match the pickup up to different necks. Have you adjusted it?

I bought this guitar used, so it's "new" to me. It's an internal pickup. I think only GK3 has radius adjustment. Thanks

Archived