2006 MIM upgrade

dilin

• Members

Hi,

I just played the 60th Anni Std Strat.. Felt really nice, but then again I haven't tried the other more expensive models.

It retails for SGD800 here in Singapore, which is the cheapest Strat. The normal Stds cost about 1200. They say the year is ending and they want to clean out the 60th. I've played the normal Std too, but the neck seems thinner, plus it has the rosewood FB which I didn't like.

What are the upgrades that Fender touted would be in all 2006 MIM Stds? Steel block, shielding, jumbo frets are some I've heard. I hope the experts can confirm with this.

Thank you

• Members

If you're talking about the silver MIM 60th anny strat, I think that's very nice guitar. As far as I know, it has the same upgrades that you posted about and tex mex pickups. I don't know of any other upgrades.

Matter of fact, when I tried it out, an older gentleman picked up before me and sat it back down and tried out another guitar. I picked it up and messed around with it and thought it was fantastic but didn't plan on buying it. A few minutes later the older gentleman bought it:p

• Members

Yeah, the silver one.. the 2006 stds have the upgrades i've talked about.

the anni version have the tinted neck and tex-mex pups, which the normal stds don't have. is it just me, or the neck on the anni is chunkier?

Archived