Opinions on the Ibanez JS1200?

Sir Don

• Members

I've just bought one of these after playing it in the store for about an hour. I really like the action and it just seems so easy to play. Also the coil tapping provides really genuine single coil tone which I use occasionally. Does anyone have one of these? What are your opinions?

(I would do a search on this but, well, you know about the search function).

• Members

that's stupid. a guitar too light?

anyway, that's a {censored}ing kick-ass guitar dude. I played it through a jsx at guitar center and WOW!! I was there for like half hour and had that {censored} cranked!!! Action was pretty high and it was still easy to play so i can only imagine what the guitar feels like with a decent setup. The pickups are sooo good. very good quality guitar and it's not overpriced like an ibanez JEM (which i do like better but would never buy).

• Members

I have one it is a nice guitar,

ibanez_js1200_full_small.jpg

but I prefer my Jackson Soloists over it in this type of genre guitar.

jacksons.jpg

I like the necks better and the tone of the Duncan pups with the alder body and neck through features of the Jacksons. I do prefer the tone of the JS1200 over my Ibanez Prestige RG2550E though. Just my opinion.

• Members

I almost bought the JS1000. I think it has one of the best necks out there, and the lightweight plus the body shape makes it one of the most comfortable guitars I've played.

Despite this, I don't really like basswood bodies. I think the tone lacks character. I opted for a mahogany RG3120 instead which I'm very happy with but I wouldn't mind grabbing a JS down the road...maybe the hardtail one as I'm not really into trems.

Archived