Help on tone pot selection for Epi LP!

hardtdc

• Members

Do I need long shaft or standard shaft for an Epi LP Custom? I'm going to use push/pull for coil split. Also, is it audio or linear taper? I can't remember. I guess I need to go to Guitarnuts or Projectguitar and look at their site. BTW, I scored a set of SD 59' bridge and Jazz neck for $75 to slap in my Epi. Anyonw ue that combo before? I didn't think the Jazz had a 4-wire configuration according to SD's site, but this one does.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated as always.:thu:

• Moderators
Originally posted by hardtdc

Do I need long shaft or standard shaft for an Epi LP Custom? I'm going to use push/pull for coil split. Also, is it audio or linear taper? I can't remember. I guess I need to go to Guitarnuts or Projectguitar and look at their site. BTW, I scored a set of SD 59' bridge and Jazz neck for $75 to slap in my Epi. Anyonw ue that combo before? I didn't think the Jazz had a 4-wire configuration according to SD's site, but this one does.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated as always.
:thu:

Yup 4 wire is std on SH2, and as for the pots, if you're ever in doubt just use audio tapers for both vol and tone. Think most Strats are wired this way now.
Traditionally linear pots were used for volume and audio taper for tone.
Also if in doubt, use long shaft pots and set the height using the locknuts.
The pickups selectors are a little more complicated if youwant to put a Switchcraft item there.

You can find a lot of good info here:

http://www.singlecoil.com/docs/paula.pdf

Archived