good booking agent?

lpstudio86

• Members

I made around 20 phone calls and followed up with around my area for restaurants, golf courses, country clubs, bars etc. to see if they want to hire me to play, i got lucky with only one thats a golf course and ive been playing almost every friday for the past month for tips. Im a guitarist playing with my backing tracks, and so far people have been giving me nice comments.

I live in the bay area ca, and was wondering how i can find a good booking agent for playing instrumental cover gigs for corporates or anything smaller as well to keep the gigs more consistent?

• Members

Generally, most professional booking agents will only work with artists who are above a certain threshold hold of being established, so it might be a difficult one if you are just looking for corporate local gigs.. it's worth a shot though - Google 'Bay area booking agents' and make a few phone calls, at least that way you will begin to get an idea for their responses and realise what you need to do to be considered by a booking agent.

• Members

As Marcus wrote, it could be tough to go from playing for tips to 500.00 corporate solos gigs. For me, it went like this: open mike-bar gig-restauant gig-lots more restaurant gigs, private gig, many more private gigs, agent gig, better agent gig, etc until a good corporate agent started using me. Polish your set list, your wardrobe, your promo, and keep at it. It could take a few years. Contact every agent you can find, but not until you have the very best you can offer in place. If you give them sub standard promo, you could be done with those agents.

Archived