Help needed for Benefit Concert...Michael Brecker

Shars

• Members

Hi Guys

As many of you know I am passionate about music and I would do anything to help another musican.

Fir the last few days I have been trying to rally support from the musical community in the UK for a possible benefit concert for Michael Brecker who has been diganosed with myelodysplastic syndrome,MDS, a bone-marrow disorder requireing an immediate marrow transplant and I am sure you have seen the appeal that Anderton sent out last week for help and a very moving open letter from Susan Brecker appealing for donors.

As a direct response to that I set into motion a appeal for my fellow colleagues to come forward to help set up a concert in his honour but also to tally up with a blood drive to help others aswell as Michael to find a match.

I have had mixed responses from this but also got a pretty good response from those that that have worked with Michael in the past who have offered to play the evening...But I need help...

I cant do this on my own as its a major undertaking so I am appealing for anyone that can help with maybe a large enough venue in London, stage equipment hire, sound engineering experience, even promotion and ticket outlets aswella s promoters to get intouch with me if you can offer something.

I am trying so hard at this and feel compelled to try my best but I am finding it pretty difficult at the moment.

Is there anyone out there that can rallie up support and offer any kind of help to me?

I want to get this underway for October in London if at all possible and also raise as much as possible to help out the Brecker family financially as it can't be easy right?

We owe this to Michael for all thats hes givern us in inspiration adn dedication in thorugh his music so heres our chance to help a fellow musician and colleague...

What do you say? Is there anyone out there willing to help get this under way? Beleive me, its not been easy to write this but I am not that proud so I am asking for help...

Archived