Tommy Lee Goes to College

machaut96

• Members

Well John Lennon was no doubt an exception, but like you say, he did that when he was very young and outgrew it pretty quickly. Tommy Lee was in prison for domestic violence in 1998, and at that point he'd been beating up women since *at least* 1981 which was the first I knew about it. And if you're in your late 30's as he was when he was busted, and still doing that {censored}... sorry but you're just a scumbag.

If Tommy Lee wasn't in a famous band he'd be just a common thug, and as far as I'm concerned that's what he is.

• Members

I'm not really disagreeing with you Lee. I think one definition of a sociopath is someone who doesn't evolve and doesn't develop a conscience. So if what you said is true, I think he has fit the definition of a sociopath.

I think Tommy Lee has spent most of his adult life being a kid who never really grew up.

I

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Donovan

I think the Tommy Lee Goes to College TV show is all a part of Nebraska's attempt to appear hip to young people:cool:

NU actually took quite a bit of heat for it, and there were even protests because of his history of violence and drug use. The producers had to convince everyone that they were making Tommy the butt of all the jokes. Everyone here thought there'd be a lot of redneck jokes, y'know?

• Members

Yeah, I read that the show was very controversial and that several professors protested against bringing Tommy Lee to NU. I agree with you one4rich. What was it like in Lincoln when the show was being considered, and then while it was taped? And what has the aftermath been like?

I wish I would have been more specific in my first comment. I was referring to the top leadership at the University of Nebraska, and how they where hoping the show would increase enrollment.

Here

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Donovan

Yeah, I read that the show was very controversial and that several professors protested against bringing Tommy Lee to NU. I agree with you one4rich. What was it like in Lincoln when the show was being considered, and then while it was taped? And what has the aftermath been like?

I wish I would have been more specific in my first comment. I was referring to the top leadership at the University of Nebraska, and how they where hoping the show would increase enrollment.

Here

Archived