What nut? Artcore AFD75 Content...

voneville

• Members

Anyone upgrade the nut on their Artcore? I'm thinking about graphite to help tuning stability. Any suggestions? Also, anyone know how much a tech would charge for something like that? I'll probably have them do a set up too (I would think that would be part of the deal right?).

• Members

Go to Ebay Parts and Accessories and look for the listing "Les Paul Tusq Replacement nut" (same as the accoustic tusq replacement nut). This is a precut nut that you can install, though you may have to sand the base down a bit to get the string height where you want it. Very easy job as long as you take your time - sandpaper, file and a little Elmers school glue is all you need. Then brace yourself for a big tone improvement.

• Moderators

Go to Ebay Parts and Accessories and look for the listing "Les Paul Tusq Replacement nut" (same as the accoustic tusq replacement nut). This is a precut nut that you can install, though you may have to sand the base down a bit to get the string height where you want it. Very easy job as long as you take your time - sandpaper, file and a little Elmers school glue is all you need. Then brace yourself for a big tone improvement.

Another vote for the Tusq. The graphite nuts are pointless on non trem guitars.

Just cheque the width....could be 42mm, or 42 mm (1 5/8" or 1 11/16").

Look at the Graphtech site.

http://tinyurl.com/ybfhpf

Archived