Any Kramer Love?

CraigOrn

• Members

Still trying to figure out what to do on my next axe (which is complicated by the realization that I probably need to upgrade my amp, too, but I'm trying to work something out for my birthday/graduation....think I could weasel my way into, what would be, a useless half-stack? Come on, you know it'd look bitchin', even if I'd have to use it as a bed just to fit it in my room. But I digress). I'm thinking since I love my SG and really would like to learn set-up, I'm going with one of the budget lines.

Something that came back into my attention is the Kramer line. No, not the old school ones that ruled the world in the 80's. I'm sure they're out of my league. Talking about the new ones from MusicYo. I like the look, they've got sunburst, and dang are they cheap.....they're blowing out the Focus VT111S for $65. However, I haven't seen much on here about them. Are they your typical budget axe, as in I'll want to switch out all the good stuff (pups, tuners) or might they be even a little worse? I almost moved on a '51 tonight....still might.

• Members

I have 4 of the MusicYo Kramers......a Standard, Custom, Special and VT111. The VT111 doesn't even come close in quality to the others. In fact, I had ordered two of the VT111's. I sent one back. One was made in Indonesia, the other China. I sent the Indonesian one back. Made of plywood, etc.

Overall, the electronics suck. I had to replace the pickups. To be honest, you'd be better off with a Squier Affinity or the '51. Little more money but worth it.

Archived