Predator Made in America?

CraigOrn

• Members

This popped up in my thread about the best Strat copy. A bunch of guys pointed towards the Predator. They do seem to be going for dirt cheap on eBay-even with a hardshell case! However, it's my understanding that these guitars are made in America. That blew me away. The general consensus here seems to be MIA=always better. But an American instrument for under $200? Unreal, particularly when you consider that Fender Strats START at ~800 (Highway One is the low end of the Americans, right?). So what's the deal? Is it because Peavey is thought of more as an amp company? Is a copy still a copy (their more original designs seem to have a little more value)? Or is a cheap guitar still a cheap guitar even when it's made in America?

• Members

The guitar is crafted in the states. It's a low-end guitar regardless. Is it better than an equivalent made overseas, but, en entry-level guitar is entry-level regardless of where it was made. Most companies won't allocate those resources (and precious overhead) on entry level stuff.

• Members

sorry didnt mean to come off wrong, wasnt trying to come off like i had attitude.. the ones like mine generally retailed for about 350 to 400 bucks new. they came with a grapite nut and saddles, and also come with locking tuners from the factory.. i do know they had a low end model to compete with the squier strats.

Archived