Carvin CTM4

anthony

• Members

ive played the ct6m which was amazing. actually planning on getting one soon. the necks are so wonderful especially with the tung oil. its a good idea to switch the pickups since the stock ones are mediocre. where do you happen to live? if you are in LA, the hollywood carvin store offers 1 yr free setups/maintenence if you buy from them.

• Members

ive played the ct6m which was amazing. actually planning on getting one soon. the necks are so wonderful especially with the tung oil. its a good idea to switch the pickups since the stock ones are mediocre. where do you happen to live? if you are in LA, the hollywood carvin store offers 1 yr free setups/maintenence if you buy from them.

I'm on the east coast in DC. I think I may get one this spring. I'll probably swap out the pu's and restring it a little heavier.

• Members

I have one and it has become a workhorse guitar for me. I put Seymour Duncan pickups in it (Custom Custom/Jazz) but otherwise it came from Carvin perfectly setup. It really is a great guitar and I played it at 200 shows last year and it has held up great.

ZArlJul2006Kent2.jpg

• Members

I'm on the east coast in DC. I think I may get one this spring. I'll probably swap out the pu's and restring it a little heavier.

when i was at the carvin store the sales guy said that the guitars usually come well set up but every once in a while it gets messed up which explains some of the poor reviews on this site hehe. since u r planning on changnig the pickups and setting the guitar up with a higher string guage i dont think it matters very much if the guitar comes a little outta tune or something like that. carvin really does make awesome stuff at a nice price. what pickups do you plan to install?

Archived