anyone reverse single coils for that hendrix thang?

thebrownkey

• Members

one of my strats has nice sounding pups but they are staggered.

so if i dont set the strings height to follow the curvature of the fretboard then the overall response is not smooth.

by keeping the strings rather straight across the board i end up with overpowering bass on the low strings/notes and rather thin high strings.

i dont want to lower the bass side so much to even it out, so i was thinking about flipping the pups around to get things happening.

ive always wanted to try it but figured id ask here first.

anyone try this?

pros/cons?

im sure it willhelp with the balance issue, and like mentioned ive been really curious as to how much thump it adds to the higher strings.

• Members

im sure it wont dramatically change things, but im going to find out tomorrow if it will balance things out the way i need

with staggered pups they sound great if you follow the fetboard curve and slightly lower the bass side, but this neck is not a deep radius and i keep the strings at a more flat angle.

so im hoping the high pole pieces for the bass strings will give some meat to the high B&E strings - while the shorter pole pieces for the high strings will mellow out the bass on this one

ive been wanting to swap the middle tone control to the bridge anyway, so while things are apart tomorrow ill flip the pups and find out as well.

so thanks for the bump, hopefully somone whos done this can fill us in for now

Archived