Warning - National Guitar Workshop Bookstore

dblazer

• Members

If you read this previously I owe them an update. They were moving their inventory, changing personnel and their voice mail wasn't getting saved for them. They responded to my message(s) and are taking care of business. Apparently I caught them during a very, very bad time.

SO, if you look at their stuff I'd say to call first, then order, or just order it off of Amazon, they get the same cut either way.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't know if you've seen this site or not, but they're going through some hard times or something. I've got one of their books that is excellent, so I was looking for another one in the same series. I'll give them a good grade for quality, BUT . . .

I made an order for a standard inventory item, they took my order but never responded or communicated about it, then I waited about three weeks, ordered again, and the same thing happened, I got a confirmation number, but nothing followed. I called the number that they list for problems and left several messages, no response. I e-mailed the addresses given for the shipping department and the bookstore, no response.

I called the National Guitar Workshop and was told that the bookstore is a separate operation, and it sounds like it's one unreliable, part time person. We're now five weeks into my attempts to communicate with them; no response to my phone calls, no response to my e-mails, neither order has shown up, and I can't find a way to confirm a cancellation.

If you're looking for some of their material going to Amazon.com or somewhere else, ANYWHERE else, is advised.

http://www.guitarworkshop.com/books/

Caveat Emptor.

Archived