Tele lovers - Prince lovers - playing guitar with a hot girl tucked in yo arm lovers

lburger

• Members

Hohner? That is almost comical. It is my understanding that they make really cheap instruments. Maybe I am confused.

They generally do (although don't confuse them with Hondo). Notable exceptions are the Prince Tele-style and the HS-35 (MIK) semihollow, both good and (originally) inexpensive.

• Members

I doubt that is his original Hohner guitar. Prol' a custom job spec' out to what he likes.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the original one. It has been modded over the years though. I do know that he had the back routed slightly to fit an onboard wireless system, which is why you'll see an additional cover on the back.

• Members

He has an original, late 70's Professional and not the 'Prinz' model? That would be incredible. They made very, very, very few of those (under a 100 I read somewhere). The last (and only other) one I've ever seen was on eBay about 2 years ago and it went for almost $3000.

Actually, I'm mistaken. It says "Limited Edition" on the headstock, not "Professional". But yes, his are the late seventies originals. He's got at least two, if not more (I've got a photo somewhere showing two sitting side by side). I heard a story that he had his guitar tech hunt down as many as he could find in the early 80's. That's probably why they are hard to find.

His guitars have the the Hohner "Limited Edition" on the headstocks and the spotted leopard pickguards. Also, at least one he still uses is one dating all the way back to at least the early 80's. If you ever see the back of it, it has a larger than normal black plastic plate on the back. That's when he'd modified his guitar to shoot water from the headstock on a tour prior to 1999 (I don't think it's for wireless).

Unless he's having them duplicated exactly, they are originals.

• Members

Lot's of gain in his sound! he was awesome!! Beat the crap out of the last couple of halftime shows (Stones are losing their edge)...

As for the Vegas Clown comment.... there is a very good reason we are called the entertainment capital of the world.... If you were an aging artist with a few years left and wanted to make some easier money, wouldn't you stop touring and get a nice rom of your own? Have the people come to you. Have the latest audio and video and lighting gear available with some of the best minds in the live-event production market??? just some thougts... I'll stick with the clowns. Can't wait to see his show!

• Members

Great info - thanks.

Actually, I'm mistaken. It says "Limited Edition" on the headstock, not "Professional". But yes, his are the late seventies originals. He's got at least two, if not more (I've got a photo somewhere showing two sitting side by side). I heard a story that he had his guitar tech hunt down as many as he could find in the early 80's. That's probably why they are hard to find.

His guitars have the the Hohner "Limited Edition" on the headstocks and the spotted leopard pickguards. Also, at least one he still uses is one dating all the way back to at least the early 80's. If you ever see the back of it, it has a larger than normal black plastic plate on the back. That's when he'd modified his guitar to shoot water from the headstock on a tour prior to 1999 (I don't think it's for wireless).

Unless he's having them duplicated exactly, they are originals.

Archived