Pickups for SG

keith2112

• Members

This one comes with 4989/490 which I've never found very articulate-----powerfull albeit a tad mudy. I'll probably keep em on for about a month long enough to reafirm that I don't really like them all that much. The following are some to choose from:

RIO BBQ Buker- chrome cover I'd probably go with a Texas Special that Rio recomends for the BBQ.

Dimarzio Super Distortion white with a Super 2 black in the neck position. I think one white and one black looks cool as do Zebras.

Dimarzio Virtual Vintage PAF HOT and Virtual PAF neck in zebra. I hear these are pretty hot though some say thin.

IF I go with Fralins or WRC they would have to be HOTer than normal vintage output.

I'm looking for this Silverburst Standard with Ebony board to be my Hot guitar used for Sabbath Priest style heavy almost metal rock.

• Members

Gibson ceramics are pretty cool. You wont get any mud with them. They are well defined, fat and have muscle. Sets of the ceramics go cheap on e-bay(under $100 easy). The Dimarzio Super D with a PAF is a "classic" set up. Cant go wrong with that one.

Nevr tried Fralin or Rio so dont know about those.

Archived