The Joys and Perils of MySpace

Mr. Donovan

• Members

Very interesting phenomena. I joined recently just so I can browse through there.

I seriously doubt that is Pink Floyd on there. That's just some fan's doings, and they might get their hand slapped for posting copyrighted materials, prolly not.

• Members

I don't think the members of Pink Floyd are actually using MySpace. I thought the Pink Floyd MySpace site looked like something their record company put up. I'm not sure though.

A better example would be Nine Inch Nails and Billy Corgan's MySpace sites. I know those are legit, and I doubt that either of them gave away the rights of their music to MySpace.

I didn't want to put a link to my MySpace at the begining of this thread, since I wanted this to be a discussion about MySpace in general, not to promote my own site. Anyway I'm at

myspace.com/shermanhill

Hey Wewus, you should send me a friend invite!

I'll do a search through the HC forums to find recent discusion about MySpace since I know there are a lot of HC people with Band Pages on MySpace. But I wanted to get the thoughts from people on SSS as well.

• Members

Sony Pictures has been advertising on MySpace.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/adweek/20051011/ad_bpiaw/myspacebecomesbigbrandspace

And major record labels have been puting more and more music and music videos on MySpace.

I don't think the Pink Floyd MySpace site looks like something a fan made. Because I think a fan would put a lot more effort into it. There's only one picture of Pink Floyd on that sight. And Pink Floyd is such a visual band, I think a fan would put up a lot more. I'm still not sure though. I'd like to get to the bottom of this Pink Floyd / MySpace story.

Archived