My new Classic 50 makes me wanna rock n roll all night !!!

woodsmandan

• Members

Yeah baby ! The 212 combo, I got a good deal I think, 629$ brand new, it's the newer design in tweed...

It's everything I wished I would be , and some more !!! You gotta love the midrange, this is a monster !!!

I mean, really, it rocks right out of the box...there is not one bad sound in that thing, no matter how I set the knobs...

Ah, come on, we all know that a handwired boutiky amp costing 12 time as much would sound better in a quiet studio, but up on a loud crowded bar stage, what do you need ??? You need a Peavey Classic 50 !!! It got tone, it got volumes, it got mids to cut trough and it's cheap, so if I spill my beer on it I wont {censored} my pants...

Finally, after all these years my gig amp search is over. I only wish I got one before.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great little amp. It's too bad I'm going to have to sell my Classic 50 head. That thing sounds fantastic, especially for the price. It sounded sexy as hell with a BBE Sonic Stomp in front of it, too.

Why are you having to sell?

Does it have an FX loop?

How much?

• Members

Great little amp. It's too bad I'm going to have to sell my Classic 50 head. That thing sounds fantastic, especially for the price. It sounded sexy as hell with a BBE Sonic Stomp in front of it, too.

Does it have an FX loop?

How much?

• Members

Prages isn't gunna be satisfied until he owns em all.
:D

I passed up a Classic 20 for $200 about a year ago and a Delta Blues 115 for $300 about 6 months ago.

I'm not that miffed about passing up the 20, but I wish I had grabbed the DB. I've also been thinking about building a head cab for the 50 and converting it into a head, but if I can just pick up a head for cheap, then I'd still have the 212. :o

I'm a junkie. :o

• Members

I passed up a Classic 20 for $200 about a year ago and a Delta Blues 115 for $300 about 6 months ago.

I'm not that miffed about passing up the 20, but I wish I had grabbed the DB. I've also been thinking about building a head cab for the 50 and converting it into a head, but if I can just pick up a head for cheap, then I'd still have the 212.
:o

I'm a junkie.

I feel your pain. I was thinkin at one point of gettin the C30 head and 2x12 cab. ;)

• Members

i got a C30 head not too long ago and I love it.

It's a pretty versatile amp. i've recorded everything from blues, jazz, and rock. all by itself with only a compression pedal. and it sounded damn good.

quite a jem if you ask me. and they hardly break the wallet!

• Members

i got a C30 head not too long ago and I love it.

It's a pretty versatile amp. i've recorded everything from blues, jazz, and rock. all by itself with only a compression pedal. and it sounded damn good.

quite a jem if you ask me. and they hardly break the wallet!

I'm a staunch Classic Series advocate. :thu:

Pretty much everything in my sig was either recorded with a Classic 50 or a Classic 30. :thu:

• Members

Classics are great amps.

If you love the 50, don't play the 30. You'll end up with one of them too.

I had a C30 a couple of years ago and I always regretted selling it. I was going to get another one for my cover band, but the deal on the C50 212 was so good that I could not pass it up...

But I know as a fact that as soon as I find a good cheap used C30, I'll give it a new loving home !:thu:

• Members

This year, I replaced the amp I'd been using for 20+ years with a classic 50 212. the amp I replaced was a 1980 Peavey Classic 50 212 vt series that I bought new. The new classic is way louder than the old one. I think it was just tired.

I have a classic 20, too. Lots of guys comment on how good it sounds. they act surprised. I just wish it was loud enough to play out with.

I have a classic 50 410 with the silver knobs in the garage, but it doesn't seem to want to fire up anymore.

• Members

Funny, I went from a monster rack full of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, pedals galore on the floor and a 5150 head and a various cabinets....and then over the years slowly started taking stuff out until all I had was a Classic 50 2-12.

My tone kept on getting better relative to the reduction of crap in the signal chain. Finally it got down to Guitar>Cord>Amp and I had found the perfect rig ;)

Now the Classic 50 is for sale at the local music store and I'm playing through a VG-88 (VG-99 coming soon) and headphones but only because I have kids now and they need their sleep and my live performance days are over :D

I strongly recommend all you monster rig guys, if there are any of you left, go buy a Classic 50 and leave that giant rack at home, you'll thank me later!

• Members

Does it have an FX loop?

How much?

I have to sell because I bought a cheaper amplifier, and due to the fact that I'm a broke college student, this one needs to go. And yes, it has an FX loop.

If I list it on eBay, the buy it now will be $525 or something around there.

• Members

I have to sell because I bought a cheaper amplifier, and due to the fact that I'm a broke college student, this one needs to go. And yes, it has an FX loop.

If I list in on eBay, the buy it now will be $525 or something around there.

Thanks for replying...too rich for my blood though. Looks like I'll just have to be content with my 30 and 50 212 for now. :)

• Members

Thanks for replying...too rich for my blood though. Looks like I'll just have to be content with my 30 and 50 212 for now.
:)

Hahah, well if you'd like to make an offer, feel free to drop me a PM. :)

But yeah, really great amp head. Sounded like god through my Orange cabinet, that's for sure.

• Members

Funny, I went from a monster rack full of thousands of dollars worth of stuff, pedals galore on the floor and a 5150 head and a various cabinets....and then over the years slowly started taking stuff out until all I had was a Classic 50 2-12.

My tone kept on getting better relative to the reduction of crap in the signal chain. Finally it got down to Guitar>Cord>Amp and I had found the perfect rig
;)

Now the Classic 50 is for sale at the local music store and I'm playing through a VG-88 (VG-99 coming soon) and headphones but only because I have kids now and they need their sleep and my live performance days are over

I strongly recommend all you monster rig guys, if there are any of you left, go buy a Classic 50 and leave that giant rack at home, you'll thank me later!

I'm gonna print this and have my co guitarist read it :D

• Members

I totally lucked out, scored the whole rig for $400 off Craig's last week.

Guitar015.jpg

From the looks of the picture, the cabinet is the exact same dimensions as the amp. Is that correct?

I'm planning on building a pair of cabs soon. I'm going to order the tweed and grill cloth from Peavey, and they sell it in wide pieces, so I'll have enough to do two cabs, and was planning on building one for myself and one to sell.

Also, is the cab open back or closed back? I was planning on making mine closed back, but it would be easy enough to make two backs, one open, one closed.

• Members

I'm gonna print this and have my co guitarist read it

If he's anything like the other guitarist in my band, it won't make a lick of difference.

Imagine me at a gig in a small bar...maybe seats 75 people. I'm playing through 3 pedals (wah in front, Delay and EQ in the loop) and a Classic 30. The other guitarist has a board with about 10 pedals on it, a Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb head for dirt and a Blackface Fender Bassman 50 for cleans, each running into its own 412 cab.

And my tone is better than his.

Archived