Anyone sell/buy on Instrument Exchange?

nat whilk II

• Members

We're looking for a bass for my son (an Ibanez SRX500 tri-fade burst 4-string to be exact).

There's an eBay auction for one, that's actually an Instrument Exchange item. The same bass is posted directly on the Instrument Exchange site - with a very different starting bid.

I've tried emailing the seller through both eBay and through Instrument Exchange to ask some questions, but only got an auto-response that the email has been forwarded to the seller.

Anyone with good/bad/other experience with Instrument Exchange? So far I'm a little nervous about buying the bass.....

nat whilk ii

• Members

I just wrote about my very first experience in buying a used guitar in another thread; some bad juju...

If you care to read it, it's the last post on this page of the thread..Buying a used guitar...

After having a bad experience buying from a retailer ON SITE that pawned off a piece of {censored}e guitar on an unsuspecting buyer; I would have extreme problems in attempting to buy a guitar of any kind off of the Internet from an individual or company that did not have any "walk-in" store locations or full warranties and no hassel money back guarantees.

FWIW, the guitar I bought had a neck bowed so bad that the strings would not hold a tune for more than 5 minutes. You cannot see things like that, nor can you hear the quality, on something purchased online. When I bought my guitars for my son and daughter, I took an experienced guitar player friend with me. I'd never buy instruments sight unseen without warranties after getting burned; many, if not most, ebay vendors are without warranty.

Archived