Ray Kennedy contact info, he called me back buying 2" tape

Robman2

• Members

Cool,

We chatted up about his recent evalution using the Zaolla guitar cable I bought and gave him...he tried it with his original P 90's, PAF's et al, No Caster, 64 Rick 330 etc , etc. Class A amp and so on.

I'll try and stay on verbaitum: " I was finding it most interesting when comparing against (brands) that using the silver cable gave more "content" in tone and harmonics and phasing...not smeared, openess, essentially exposing what's already there"

Anyway, he's on it and since he's had a few audio cables in use for a while, he's decided to invest and wire up his booths, with Zaolla.

Better for me we (our dealer Warren White and I) are considering an event in Nashville at SIR after winter NAMM sort of a Zaolla users night, inviting the public etc and Ray's given me some ideas about how those things work.

But enough of the business stuff...

Cooler for me was discussing microphones with Ray, he's a walking technical encyclopedia on all things vintage, tube and ribbon.

Oh, he called me while running to the store to buy 8 reels of 2' analog tape, how cool is that?

His refrain on that was, "well, when you thread up a 24 track analog rell of tape, all of the tracks are right where you left them, a lot of times in digital, there are error messages asking for the file name and even then, things aren't exactly where they should be"

I'll take his word for it.

Plus he's a long time student of Zen, and Guatama...

He's going to start tracking Allison Moore, then Joe Mathis and has some other cool stuff lined up.

Any way, I know a few of you had an interest in asking him stuff which he's perfectly cool with.

The studio e-mail is roomnboard@aol.com.

Thanks,

Rob

Archived