jackson sl2h problem

pikeplace

• Members

I just received my sl2 and the high e string is so close to the edge of the fret board it slips off.Anybody else have this problem with a jackson sl2h?I bought it off ebay and i am sending it back to the seller.I really liked the guitar but now i am hesitant to try another one.

• Members

Are the trem posts level, and the trem itself seated properly? I have heard of some guitars with this problem because the trem post holes were drilled off-center, or a post threaded wrong and was in at an angle.

Also check the locking nut. I once bought a new Jackson (mid `90s) that had the wrong size of locking nut, so the string spacing was too wide and ended up putting the high E right at the edge. A new nut corrected the problem in that case.

• Members

Send it back. Its a neck-thru guitar, so there is something amiss. Your Floyd's spacing should fit the neck just fine. I'm having the same issue with my Charvel. The neck was made for a Floyd Pro series, which has saddles that are .020 closer together (that's .120 in total). So my Original Floyd has the damn high E string running right along the edge. Can't even perform a damn run w/out it slipping off.

So for me..its either find a Pro (~$150) or sell the damn thing...

• Members

I sent the jackson back to the seller.Now i have to play the waiting game for my refund.I used paypal so i hope there won't be any problems.There are not any SL2H jackson's in the seattle area.I really loved the guitar and i guess i will have to try ebay again for another one.

• Members

...There are not any SL2H jackson's in the seattle area.I really loved the guitar and i guess i will have to try ebay again for another one.

Huh?

Even I've been to a GC in Seattle.

Guitar Center #235

Suite A 2919 South 38th St

Tacoma, WA 98409

Ph: 253 474 2900

Fax: 253 474 2932

Ted Brown Music Co.

6228 Tacoma Mall Blvd

Tacoma, WA 98409

Ph: 253 272 3211

Fax: 253 572 1416

Guitar Center #231

530 Westlake Ave North

Seattle, WA 98109

Ph: 206 287 9100

Fax: 206 340 0056

• Members

There was definately something wrong with that SL2H. Just keep looking, they're awesome guitars. It might have been damaged and someone did a bad fix. You could always order one from Guitar Center but the wait right now is supposed to be almost a year.

Archived