Locking Tremolo Conversions

cadaver_occulta

• Members
I know, just bustin' the nutz! Lol! But I got her tabbed on the freeones site
:love:

The funny thing is.....I even looked at one of my tabs before I put her name that way lol.
Gotta love her though:love:

Also excellent advice on the trems. I would (my own choice) stick with the original floyd instead of the edge.
I do also like the gotoh's they seem pretty solid. Like was said...I don't think this guy wants to get into routing for a floyd pro or a lo pro edge. lol

• Members

You can use a locking nut with something like the Gibson TP-6 tailpiece with great results. Bottom line is your tailpiece will need fine tuners for it to work correctly.

humm. well, i usually dont use my fine tuners a whole lot. maybe on my low E to drop a whole step. but what i normally do is tune my strings quarter step flat, and then when i lock the nut, it usually is back in tune.

with that work on a fixed tail? coz with a floyd, the bridge actually moves even while you do wide vibratos

• Members

i thought an edge was a direct swap for a Lo-pro edge. At least according to jemsite it is.

The sustain block's shorter. If you don't route the spring cavity a little deeper if you're using it as a non-recessed trem, you'll be bouncing the springs off the wood.

ew

• Members

with that work on a fixed tail? coz with a floyd, the bridge actually moves even while you do wide vibratos

Use a Hipshot Tremsetter or the like. With that replacing your center spring, the bridge will remain stable.

ew

Archived