Anyone remember the original Ibanez Blazer?

voneville

• Members

I was talking to an old friend of mine and we were talking about gear. He mentioned he still had his brothers Ibanez Blazer. I used to play the guitar a lot, my friend is a really good drummer, and his brother was cool about letting me play on his amp, but he would only let me play his Blazer, a guitar a dude left over at their house and never reclaimed.

I loved the guitar, but he wouldn't sell it, since it technically wasn't his! I've never seen another one for sale, or another one since. There's one on ebay right now for stupid cheap, a project that needs some work that still has a few days left. Someone should snatch it up, they're great guitars. I canceled my acount to keep me from spending money on stuff like that.

Anyone else remember this great guitar that was years ahead of it's time? And by that I mean it was a "classic" guitar with a unique combination of materials and a pretty classic set up with some modern upgrades, built in the heyday of shred guitars, this thing was no shredder super strat, but a classic design that blended classic fender and gibson features.

• Members

This is my main guitar, despite having many more expensive ones. I've spent more upgrading this over the years than it's worth. Had the string through bridge, pleking, etc. done and it practically plays itself. Original pickups sound killer. Put a JB Jr in the bridge for lead. This is the very first Blazer before they went to a more stratish one. I'll be buried with this baby!!

:thu:

Blazer-2.jpg

starts2.jpg

starts1.jpg

• Members

I dig those blazers!

Wasn't there a reissue in the mid 90's too?

I have a mid or early 90s Blazer, but it's a very cheap guitar. Plywood body, cheap neck, not the same at all. Looks like it was from a starter kit or something, probably was. :lol:

No idea if they put out any better models though.

• Members

I have a mid or early 90s Blazer, but it's a very cheap guitar. Plywood body, cheap neck, not the same at all. Looks like it was from a starter kit or something, probably was.
:lol:

No idea if they put out any better models though.

That's too bad. :cry:

• Members

That's too bad.
:cry:

It must have been a product for the German market, I dunno. There are only 2 others like it at ibanezregister. They probably made nice ones, too. I was thinking I'd be getting a great guitar and should have done more research before bidding :p

What's up Dustin? Will you be posting more often now? :)

• Members

It must have been a German product, I dunno. There are only 2 others like it at ibanezregister. They probably made nice ones, too. I was thinking I'd be getting a great guitar and should have done more research before bidding
:p

What's up Dustin? Will you be posting more often now?
:)

Maybe....I'm finally settled in at my new job; and afternoons are pretty slow. I'm back on a regular M-F 9-5 type gig so I won't be hanging around in the middle of the night anymore though. :thu:

• Members

Maybe....I'm finally settled in at my new job; and afternoons are pretty slow. I'm back on a regular M-F 9-5 type gig so I won't be hanging around in the middle of the night anymore though.

That's great, welcome back then! ;) Wished I could do 9-5, but my insomnia makes it a little difficult. :cry:

Archived