Pickup positions

eutychus

• Members

Sure its possible,i got a dimarzio super distorion bucker in the bridge and i got a Jaguar QP bridge pup in the neck,its cool and the bridge buckers still higher output than the neck so its matched perfectly.

A standard thing to do is have a lower output neck pup but ya dont have to be standard,do what ever suits ya dude!

• Members

Well I heard that they make an arc of electricity between the two, and if you strum with this arc in place then all the volcanoes in the world erupt.

No that's for "butt{censored}ers", not "humbuckers". Humbuckers only sound a bit weird. Don't try it with butt{censored}ers, though.

• Members

i've seen them catch fire before, i'd be very careful.

+1

I saw a guy at a show, he had switched backwards humbucking pickups like you describe. In the middle of the good part, right in the main solo, the guitar started shooting arcs of ee-lec-tricity from BOTH pickups, and the SOUND started going chrieka-shrieka, in a loop, back and forth. Then the back of the body started smoking and the guy was yelling and trying to pull the strap over his head, and his hair caught fire. He THREW the guitar on the ground, and there were glowing embers and fire in the back, in and around the trem cavity, where the springs were. Then the flames really got going. The guitar was sorta bouncing and hpping around on the stage, on the floor, and burning. And the noise was slamming through the PA, deep thumping jangly scary noise.

Guy was an idiot. I would have just UNPLUGGED the guitar.

• Members

+1

I saw a guy at a show, he had switched backwards humbucking pickups like you describe. In the middle of the good part, right in the main solo, the guitar started shooting arcs of ee-lec-tricity from BOTH pickups, and the SOUND started going chrieka-shrieka, in a loop, back and forth. Then the back of the body started smoking and the guy was yelling and trying to pull the strap over his head, and his hair caught fire. He THREW the guitar on the ground, and there were glowing embers and fire in the back, in and around the trem cavity, where the springs were. Then the flames really got going. The guitar was sorta bouncing and hpping around on the stage, on the floor, and burning. And the noise was slamming through the PA, deep thumping jangly scary noise.

Guy was an idiot. I would have just UNPLUGGED the guitar.

I saw that video on Youtube! That was crazy.

Archived