Got my GFS Crunchy Rails and installed them. Brief review and pic inside.

Beast_vs_Beast

• Members

Well, I had been wanting to try some GFS pickups for awhile and I was considering the crunchy PAF but then these rails debuted and they seemed to be more what I was looking for. Anyway, I installed them in a low-end Ibanez, so they replaced a pair of Powersound pups which are really quite poor pickups. I played through a Cube 30x amp. The sound on them is very crisp and clear. As advertised the are definitely "high output". They are much less muddy and noisy then the Powersounds and while they have a nice full sound, they are not too bassy, or too trebly for that matter. I am still a novice at guitar so I'm sorry I couldn't give a more insightful review of the pickups. I do think it is safe to say that for those of you who play alot of metal or rock, you won't be disappointed. Shredders will definitely be happy. I am pretty pleased with them and my guitar is a cheapie. For those of you with higher end gear, I'm sure these will sound fantastic. When I get my next guitar which probably won't be for another year, I will probably throw these in it. Attached is a pic of them installed in my guitar. They look good to boot although the pic doesn't do them too much justice.

Archived