Seth Lover or Alnico 2 Pro

dilin

• Members

Hi,

I've recently procured a Seth Lover bridge in Singapore for my Samick Artist Les Paul copy. I intended to get the neck version as well, but they're out of stock.

However the Seths are only available in Singapore. Back home in my place, the local dealers only have the A2pros. Should I get a A2Pn or A2Pb to put into my Samick's neck position? Or should I put the bridge Lover in the neck, and a new A2Pb in the bridge? Would any of these combos work out?

Thanks.

p/s I've already have dual 59's in another LP.

• Members

I think that will work out fine. The Seths....though slightly different are basically just PAF clones. The bridge in the neck position, should be fine,Clean, Clear with good Harmonics and a medium output. Add the Alnico to the bridge, should give you a better OD Tone than the Seth in that position.

With Seths.......the neck pups are the ones known for their Great Tone. Personally I never cared for them. I like potted, waxed pups better. But thats me, others really rave about them.

• Members

I put a Seth Lover in the neck of my Gibson Les Paul Studio and it sounds fantastic. I don't know how the bridge one would sound in the neck but it could be worth trying. In my guitar, I actually took the 490R that was in the neck and experimented with putting it in the bridge, which worked out fine. It was too dark and muddy-sounding in the neck, but was just right in the bridge.

• Members

I've got a Greg Bennett Samick Avion3 (les paul copy) that i put a2pros in and I really like the sound. You may have different aspirations, but i do recommend the SD a2pros.

Ha ha, my other LP copy with 59's in it is none other than Greg Bennett Avion 3 by Samick :)

Archived