Photo post

mccoyson

• Members

I want to post a pic of my new guitar. I am old enough to be your grandpa.

No, I'm my own grandpa.

But go to photobucket.com and set up a free account. Upload pictures from your computer to your photobucket account. Pictures cannot be gotten from your computer directly on to forums.

Then right click on the picture itself. Right click on 'properties'. Left click on the web address (in the middle). It will highlight. Hold Ctrl key down and hit 'c' at the same time. This will save it somewhere in your computer.

Go back to the forum. Click on the little picture 'Insert Image' at the top of the message you are typing. Hold down Ctrl key and at the same time hit 'v'. This will transfer the image to your message.

The Ctrl c and Ctrl v can be used a lot while moving stuff or linking to places on the computer. Hope that helps. I had to ask when I first started...

• Members

Click on the "Post Reply" button. You'll see a screen that looks like this:

screen1.jpg

when you click on the "Inset Image" button, you'll see this box pop up:

screen2.jpg

Insert the URL of the location that you have your photo hosted. I use Photobucket.com, and in Photobucket you right-click/copy the box that says "Direct Link" to get the URL to paste into the "Inset Image" box.

screen3.jpg

You can also copy the URL straight from the IMG Code box and not have to click on "Insert Image" in the Message box.

I'm sure there are many other methods.

• Members

Once you have the picture in Photobucket you can just left click the IGM Code then right click and select copy.

Come back to your post and left click then select paste.

You will see the code on your post. Then Submit reply and you will see the photo.

Archived