really Basic LP saddle question

Alanfc

• Members

This must be so obvious thre's no mention of it =anywhere= I 've looked.

Removing the saddles from the tuno-matic bridge.

I have an old Shecter 006 that had the tunematic bridge, and I could not get the saddles out without a major fight. And 2 broken Graptech saddles along the way back in. The problem was that the collars in from the slot end of the screws prevented me from unscrewing them far enough out to get em out of the backside/pointy end. I think on the Schecter I pried and fought them out. I took off the retaining wire, tried lifting straight up and out, with no luck. The collars were too big to angle the screw such that I could lift them out.

This haunts me, because now now with my EPI Paul, I want graptechs too.

Was it a goof at the Schecter factory?

Is this procedure so easy that I see no mention of it anywhere other than "its easy" ??

thanks for your patience

http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a9/d6/b77e_1.JPG

• Members

I've seen this come up a couple times, and the general consensus is that it's really, really hard to get the saddles out. They are generally assembled to not be taken apart.

Graphtech now makes a whole bridge replacement that combines the tonepros bridge with their saddles, so that might be something for you to look into.

• Members

I've seen this come up a couple times, and the general consensus is that it's really, really hard to get the saddles out. They are generally assembled to not be taken apart.

Graphtech now makes a whole bridge replacement that combines the tonepros bridge with their saddles, so that might be something for you to look into.

AHA ! I'll go look

thank you

Archived