did you like VEGAS audio? this rocks!

• Members

Originally posted by franknputer

I did specify Audacity, and opened the file as you say - and what I'm saying is, I saved over the Guitar.ogg file on purpose, and both edits were affected.

Hi Franknputer,

The "edits" that you see in the demo song in the Tracks labeled "Guitar 1" and "Guitar 2" are called "Items" in REAPER, and they're simply telling the program which part of the Source file to play.

If you edit the Source of the Items - in this case Guitar.ogg, then all Items that reference that Source will be affected. If you edit an Item, for example changing the Item Name, playback rate, phase, etc., it only affects that particular Item (unless you have multiple Items selected and want to apply global edits to them).

The Items allow you to do non-destructive edits to the audio. Any changes to the Source file are destructive.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MalcolmJacobson

Hi Franknputer,

The "edits" that you see in the demo song in the Tracks labeled "Guitar 1" and "Guitar 2" are called "Items" in REAPER, and they're simply telling the program which part of the Source file to play.

If you edit the Source of the Items - in this case Guitar.ogg, then all Items that reference that Source will be affected. If you edit an Item, for example changing the Item Name, playback rate, phase, etc., it only affects that particular Item (unless you have multiple Items selected and want to apply global edits to them).

The Items allow you to do non-destructive edits to the audio. Any changes to the Source file are destructive.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Malcolm -

Thanks for the clarification. Fairly obvious, I suppose, but your explanation clarified things for me, thanks!

BTW, I think it's great that the program handles the Ogg format. I think it's a very under-appreciated format, considering that it's really good quality - not to mention being an open format. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Kokopelli Kanak

Camelspace temposync seems to be working in reaper 0.951

It's not working well for me. The effects work, in a manner, but all tempo sync and beat division functions (synced LFO rate, Trancegate length, etc) do not work as they should. They all flutter and crackle and don not respond predictably to sync adjustments. I'll report this to the Reaper forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived