Aria Pro II Urchin U-60T

falsethreats

• Members

I got this guitar in white finish (I don't have to tell you that it's used. It's older than me). I've been thinking about selling this guitar and buying another (something like an LP) but, I'm not sure how much this kind of guitar sells for. The person who traded it to me had no clue about guitars, so he traded it for a Playstation 2.

The guitar has two cracks where the body connects with the neck (as a lot of U-60T models will have from what I've heard), is chipped on one area, and part of the logo on the headstock is worn out. The stock pickups were replaced by what I've been told are Dimarzio pickups, and I replaced the cable jack plate with a thicker, stronger plate. I received this guitar with one broken fret, but I got it replaced and adjusted with the rest of the frets. This work and the plate replacement cost me 75 dollars. The body doesn't look too bad despite the chip and a few dings here and there. According to the serial number, this guitar was built in 1982.

Is there anyone who knows a thing or two about the value of these vintage guitars?

• Members

Those are unique guitars, kind of bc rich ish. They are matsumoku made and are good quality, but like most arias, don't have the best resale value. I would suspect that one in mint condition wouldn't go for much more then $300. You don't see them often, but I have seen them pop up at local shops for around $200 ish or less. Who knows if the value of the old matsumoku aira guitars will go up in the future, but I suspect that it will. Probably best to hold on to it.

Archived