quieter DRRI alternative for home playing?

snod911

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I love tubes, I came up with something that works for bedroom, outdoors(camping) and no tube maintenance.

- Tech21 Tri-A.C.(3 programmable ch. with 3 analog amp models). You bypass for a unflavored 4th ch.. BTW, it's not intended for gtr voiced amps.

I gig ampless and I've been using one of these for about 4 months now. I love it. I have mine programmed for a Fender Twin sound, a Marshall sound and a Mesa sound. I haven't been able to twek the Marshall sound to my liking, so I'm thinking about changing it to a Fender Tweed sound. The manual says it's as simple as changing the balance between the Gain and Volume.

It's a pretty neat little tool and weighs about 77 lbs. less than my Twin.

D

• Members
Hmmm. Cleans at low volume. A vexing problem indeed.

Unfortunately every amp you look at will have that pesky volume knob on it that you'll have to learn to use.

:wave:

People also tend to forget that guitars also have volume knobs as well and most amps will clean up nicely if you back off the input signal.

D

• Members

People also tend to forget that guitars also have volume knobs as well and most amps will clean up nicely if you back off the input signal.

D

Yea. After 3 pages of suggestions of different amps etc...I really don't understand what the problem is. Just turn the volume knob down.

• Members

D

Exactly, but some may need to add the vol pot cap(.001?) to not go dark.

I can get my Deluxe Tweed clone to offer lower vol usage or much more head room by lowering my multi-effect output level...schweet

Archived