Assembling Pickups

Joranges

• Members

I've been thinking/reading/researching about assembling my very first partsocaster for a while now.. I figured I'd narrow it down to just the electronics for the time being.

I'm not really in any hurry, I'm just doing this for fun. When the build is complete, I hope to see if all the little details I'll put in over time will make me fall in love with this strat over all my other ones. :love: And I'm not going to skimp out on quality, but at the same time I'm also a cheapskate so.. keep that mind. :thu:

Anyways, so I've been looking @ Acme and RS for a prewired assemblies.

In your opinion, do those kits use the best parts (pots/caps/jack/wire/etc)? If not, what do you recommend?

I figured I'd have to solder the pups on myself anyways and I have pretty good soldering skills..

Should/Can I just buy all the parts separately and do it myself? (I couldn't find one/two parts on the sites)

What other sites can I buy the parts separately?

..does anyone know if the parts have data sheets? :o

(And if you have any idea..) How much $ would I save by doing so? (I'm cheap, but I'm also lazy :thu:)

Also..

Shield plates vs aluminum foil?

What's an alternative to a R&C in || for solving treble-roll-off during volume-roll-off?

Archived